Loneliness and Isolation
Through the University Hospital Charities Together Program Beam has been able to start a project that will support people who feel they are isolated in their community.
The aims are: –
- To develop a person’s confidence and therefore happiness
- To reduce loneliness
- To improve the persons mental health.
- To increase the amount of time they spend out their house and neighborhood.
To achieve these aims we will: –
- Identify those clients who have expressed feelings of isolation and those who we feel are affected by isolation.
- Develop a series of activities and events that will reduce feelings of loneliness and isolation.
- Work with people on a one-to-one basis to encourage new confidence and purpose
- Work with them to identify why they feel isolated.
- Develop shared ideas and ways by which we can address these feelings.
- Create a shared philosophy and culture of mutual trust amongst our group of clients.
- Encourage people to take the responsibility for shaping their future.
- Develop pathways to realise ambitions.
- Develop links with other providers in the partnership.